October 12, 2010

Wonderopolis: On Cooking

Wonderopolis is a new website for parents developed by NCFL and the Verizon Foundation. The site features a Wonder of the Day, and today it's cooking! It only seems appropriate that I pass on the link since (a) I love cooking and (b) I used to work at NCFL!

The theme of the post is math and cooking. In case you didn't know, I am not a math whiz, but cooking is a great way to sneak in some fractions in a fun and family-friendly activity.

Be sure to watch the video, Cooking with Tinkerbell Rockstar. Trust me --- it is hilarious. You'll also find a link to the Smithsonian's online tour of Julia Child's kitchen.

Here is shot of me at the exhibit in DC. Good thing my hair isn't frizzy and huge.


Anyway... enjoy your visit to Wonderopolis and have fun cooking!

2 comments:

  1. meg...you're adorable! and your hair always looks great! this is coming from somebody who knows frizzy and huge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny you should blog about Wonderopolis when I just visited the other day, and spent all day on NCFL plans.

    ReplyDelete